Applications are now being accepted for the 2012 UNU-IAS Fellowship Programmes.
Each year, the UNU Institute of Advanced Studies offers Ph.D. and Postdoctoral fellowships to provide young scholars and policymakers — especially those from the developing world — a multidisciplinary context within which to pursue advanced research and training that is of professional interest to the successful applicant and of direct relevance to the research agenda of UNU.
The Fellowship Programmes provide successful applicants with a unique opportunity to:
- develop and advance their research under the supervision of a UNU faculty member, and contribute to the overall research agenda of UNU;
- widen their research interests and professional networks by working in an international and multidisciplinary context, and with as wider network of Japanese universities and research institutes;
- become exposed to the workings of the international and multilateral policy process, and the broader UN system; and
- link with other UNU Ph.D. and Postdoctoral Fellows.
The Fellows will be resident at UNU-IAS in Yokohama or the UNU-IAS operating unit in Kanazawa, Japan, for the full term of the fellowship.
For 2012, UNU-IAS will award 8–10 fellowships of the following three types:
- UNU-IAS Ph.D. Fellowships
- UNU-IAS Postdoctoral Fellowships and
- JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowships.
These fellowships will begin on 1 September 2012. The closing date for applications is 29 February 2012.
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to complete an online application form. For more information, please visit the 2012 UNU-IAS Fellowship Programme page or the general Fellowship Programmes page on the UNU-IAS website.